Learn, Launch, and Join
The three applied entrepreneurship courses are Learn, Launch and Join:
• Learn – ENTR 521: Startup Exploration – A rigorous, interdisciplinary, pragmatically oriented semester-long 4-credit foundation course that introduces all essential business startup concepts and vocabulary. It highlights essential aspects of accounting, finance, marketing, organization design and business modeling, is taught by experienced startup faculty and tempered with a bias toward action;
• Launch – ENTR 523: Startup Launch – A second semester-long 4-credit Launch Program that is designed as an experiential lab course. It focuses on individualized coaching and mentoring of startup teams by faculty, staff and experienced entrepreneurs; and,
• Join – ENTR 541: Startup Integration – The third 1-credit course aims to integrate students into relevant organizations and activities within the ongoing UIC Business entrepreneur community and the growing Chicago-area entrepreneurial ecosystem incubators, accelerators, and other resources (1871, Technori Pitch, iBio/Propel).
These courses are open to graduate students from outside the College of Business and to other degree and non-degree seeking students with the permission of the instructor.
These three courses taken together constitute the requirements for the ASK! Certificate.
The program has three significant attributes:
1) anticipates and fosters collaboration among students of diverse prior backgrounds, inculcating effective team-building and leadership skills;
2) has a layered curriculum that first brings all students to a sufficient level of competency so that they can assess personal interest, fit, and future goals and then guides startup teams toward a successful launch; and,
3) from the start, introduces and engages students in the greater Chicago metropolitan area entrepreneurship ecosystem beyond the university.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.